Musician Horror Stories
Imagine you wake in a strange dimension and realize you’ve been transformed into…
… an independent musician!!! 🙀🙀🙀
In this Halloween-themed episode of the DIY Musician Podcast, we tell musician horror stories. The kinds that are common amongst indie artists, plus a few uncommonly strange and disastrous stories submitted by listeners.
You’ll hear cautionary tales about:
- Signing bad contracts
- Producers claiming to own your music
- Misalignment with your manager or agent
- Spending too much and hating the results
- Hard drive crashes!
- Stolen trailers, stolen gear
- Conflict with collaborators and bandmates
- Bad press meltdowns
- Live concert mishaps
- Becoming a Frankenstein of ego and insecurity
- The most embarrassing soundcheck ever
- Holding bandmates hostage… literally
- Awkward interviews
- Drunken accidents, head injuries, and more
- Getting lost (on stage!)
- A burning bus
What are some of your musician horror stories?
Let me know in the comments.
Or call our listener line at 360-524-2209.
Credits: Musician Horror Stories